Action beat are going to write a serial for A&D, recounting the wonderful life of an extensively touring and highly unfortunate DIY band. Today they’re starting out with the worst moments of their April 2012 EU tour.
So, another successful tour for action beat. What happened this time? Well, we were making enough money so that it looked like we might get to release a limited edition vinyl featuring all the bands on the tour, but…
1) Luke locked the keys in the van, so that was 215€.
2) The next day, I drove into a bollard, so that will probably be about 500€.
3) We were fined 200€ by the dutch police for carrying weed. I don’t get how they can say people are allowed 5g each in possession on the street, but then say that you are only allowed to travel with a joint. It all seemed a bit corrupt to me, like they made up the fine on the spot; “How much money do you have? The fine depends on the amount of money you have”. “Okay, we have nothing”. “We don’t believe you”. FUCK OFF.
4) In Hamburg, we had to share a bedroom with the most vile human beings we’ve ever met in our lives. The worst behaved, most delinquent, childish band ever, ‘BUCKET FLUSH‘. Their documentary does not do them justice. One of the members of our band was unfortunate enough to share a bunk bed with a member of their group…. he woke up in the morning, soaked, and then realised the guy in the bed above him had pissed himself during the night, and it leaked onto him through the mattress. Not only that, another member had pissed their bed, and one of the geniuses in their band puked between our beds, so we woke up to puke, pissed soaked beds. They then began to wrestle at 8am, and started throwing toilet roll around the room. I kept my cool, but what I really wanted to do was teach them a serious lesson in human conduct. The only way to do this with some people is through violence, though I am forcing myself to become a pacifist now that I am a father. Shame, I could have kicked the shit out of most of them.
5) Last night, we realised a guitar of ours had either been lost or stolen, and despite efforts to find the said guitar, we have thus far been completely unsuccessful. The guitar is pretty much irreplaceable.
We’re obviously going to continue. Action Beat is a giant cock roach. Or maybe just a giant cock. We’re going nowhere. Try kick us down, we’re back up in seconds. Undefeatable. Pragmatic, and adaptive to most, if not all difficult situations, where most human beings would either give up, or have a nervous breakdown.
Action Beat is a machine.
Cheers to everyone that helped us out.
Action Beat – Don0)))Vito (Right Click/Save As)
Action Beat – Tony Yeboah (Right Click/Save As)
Action beat live in the car park (Caen, France):